Sunday, January 22, 2012

Remembering Peter...

.
.




Today marks 32 years since the passing of Peter Schmidt during a painting holiday in the Canary Islands.  Though I never met him, through my work assembling www.PeterSchmidtWeb.com, I have come to know him well, getting to know him has been a rewarding and enriching experience for me.  I have met his two children, his brother and sister, two of his wives and countless friends and acquaintances.  All have been very kind and generous, letting me into their homes and their lives for the purpose of documenting the life of this obscure but dedicated artist.  As his friend Alain D'Hooghe once said to me, "there is not a day that passes that I don't think about him..."

These pictures were furnished by his sister, Sarah Haffner, artist, of Berlin Germany.
.
.
.

No comments: